Flurys the legendary tearoom on fashionable Park Street in Kolkata was founded in 1927 by Mr and Mrs J Flurys. Presenting fine European traditional confections, it had soon become a popular meeting place for all ages. It introduced the city and many generations to authentic Swiss and International delicacies.
As the only tea room of the prosperous Britisher and the affluent Indian alike, the place was known far and wide for its exotic cakes, creamy pastries, rich puddings and perhaps the best Swiss chocolates outside the European continent, and in no small measure to the relaxed and cheerful atmosphere that it provided. Flurys is now open with a fresh design that recalls the 1930s, yet retaining a sense of timelessness. The old world charm of a European Café is given a contemporary touch to create a new, homely and calming, trouble free and relaxing space.